Is the application of an external energy in order to get a physiological effect on a tissue in the body. In particular the energy somministred will be responsible for stimulating,activating or deactivating,reducing particular physiological events.
At 5 STAR CLINIC we use mainly 3 types of electrotherapy which are: Ultrasound, Low Level Laser Therapy(LLLT),TENS.
is an Electro Physical Agent which use sound waves, a mechanical energy to treat musculoskeletal problems. The frequencies used are between 1MHz and 3MHz, depending on the depth that we want to reach. The application of the Intensity and the pulse ration will vary depending on the Condition, if Acute, subacute or Chronic.
Ultrasound has two effects, THERM AND NON-THERMAL, even if not separable we can have a dominant effect.
The THERMAL effect is explicated on the dense collagenous tissues providing an heating effect
NON-THERMAL effect is due to the STABLE CAVITATION and the ACOUTING ATREAMING, which appear to speed-up the cellular activity and hence the healing process.
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT):
is an electrotherapy which use the property of the light to get therapeutic effects. The primary target of the laser is the cell membrane, it creates an alteration of cell metabolic processes, via a process of photosignal transduction. Some of the possible effects are:
- Reduction of the pain
- Interact with the inflammation process
- Modify cell proliferation and motility
- Alteration of cell membrane potentials and Increase of the cellular metabolism
- Stimulation of immune responses
- Stimulation of angiogenesis
- stimulation endogenous opioid production
Tens (trans-cutaneous electrical nerve stimulation):
Is a non-invasive peripheral stimulation by pulsed electrical currents, delivered through pads applied on the skin. TENS depending on the way how is applied can be helpful to relief the pain in 2 ways:
- Gate control mechanism: take advantage of the stimulation of sensory nervous fibers which bring non-painful stimulus to the brain. Their activation basically block the Pain signal, not allowing it to arrive to the brain, therefore the result will be a reduced perception the pain for you.
- Endogenous opioids mechanism: it is based in the stimulation of other sensory nerves which will increase the release of endogenous opioids at the spinal cord.
Or fill out the form below for some free advice…