Kinesiology Taping was developed in the 1970s by Dr. Kenzo Kase to alleviate pain and improve the healing in soft tissues.
There are many proposed benefits to KT, such as:
- pain inhibition;
- muscle facilitation;
- muscle fatigue reduction;
- proprioceptive facilitation;
- healing enhancement (oedema reduction)
- delayed-onset muscle soreness reduction;
- lymphatic drainage and blood flow improvement.
Every therapy can be a part of the recovery process if the diagnosis and so the detection of the source of the problem is correct.
It is non-medication treatment – the effects are due to mechanical property depending on how KT is applied and which tension has been chosen.
The main effects of the Kinesiology Taping are:
- enlarging the space for movement;
- increasing the healing rate of tissue;
- elevating the space under the skin and soft tissue;
- facilitating the circulation of blood and lymph fluid.
Some studies have shown that KT helps to reduce the swelling thank to the improvement in the lymphatic and blood circulation.
Also, KT supports in pain reduction and function improvement. By the stimulation to mechanical receptors of the skin, the pain information to the brain will be reduced and the function will be consequently improved.
KT is comprised of polymer elastic wrapped in 100% cotton fibre and it is both waterproof and breathable. KT can be worn during exercise, showering and even swimming. Seldom may cause skin irritation or skin reaction, however, if it occurs, it should be taken off immediately and the affected area should be washed with warm soapy water to remove any residual adhesive. The application will last on up to 3-5 days.
If you are looking for a solution for your pain we really advise to visit our: Pain Resolution page.
Or fill out the form below for some free advice…