Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to 5 STAR CLINIC LTD via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|5 STAR CLINIC LTD||5 STAR CLINIC LTD, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11544941 whose registered office is at 496 Blackpool Road, Ashton-on-Ribble, PR2 1HY;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you
|any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by 5 STAR CLINIC LTD and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services 5 STAR CLINIC LTD and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.5starclinicltd.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, 5 STAR CLINIC LTD is the “data controller”. This means 5 STAR CLINIC LTD determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Full name;
- date of birth;
- job title/profession;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- operating system (automatically collected);
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you;
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
5 STAR CLINIC LTD will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- booking an appointment and to contact us;
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
- Any personal Data you submit will be retained by 5 STAR CLINIC for 1 year.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to the clause “Third Party Websites and Services” your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see Security below.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- to answer to your enquires
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.
- Third party websites and services
We may provide your Personal Data to third-party service providers which we employ to provide services to us. These services may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that 5 STAR CLINIC LTD requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR 2018.
- Keeping Data secure
Data security is of great importance to 5 STAR CLINIC LTD, to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. So while we strive to do our best to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us and individuals do so at their own risk.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Data retention
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Data on our systems only for as long as required for legal, business, or tax purposes. or until you request that the Data be deleted.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- Links to other websites
We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Controlling Use of Your Data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes;
- sharing Data with third parties.
- Accessing your own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by 5 STAR CLINIC LTD (where such Data is held).
- Your right to erasure
You may revoke your consent for us to use your data at any time. If you wish to do this, please send us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling 5 STAR CLINIC to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.