Causes of shoulder strain or sprain
A shoulder sprain or strain usually occurs when external forces are involved causing overstretching or tearing of ligaments and/or muscles in the the shoulder.Examples of causes of a shoulder sprain or strain include:
- Direct fall on the shoulder
- Car accidents
- Sports injuries where the shoulder is directly impacted
- Blow to the shoulder blade
Signs and symptoms of a shoulder sprain?
- Bruising or changes in skin color
- Swelling and tenderness
- Pain and stiffness, especially with movement, at times depending on the gravity of it, there might be inability to move the shoulder
- Depending on the grade of the injury there might be present some grade of instability.
Diagnosis of shoulder sprainThe shoulder sprain can often been diagnosed through questioning and physical examination, checking the area, the movement, the strength, temperature etc.In some cases, imaging such as X-ray, CT scan or MRI scan, might be required to better understand the severity of the injury or if there is suspicion of an associated fracture for example.Shoulder sprain Treatment Most shoulder strains or sprains can be treated with nonsurgical treatments.In the initial phase:-A sling might be needed, depending on the severity and the presentation to limit movement of your arm and protect your shoulder joint.-Medication, ice and electrotherapy might be used to reduce pain, swelling and inflammation.
About 5 STAR CLINIC LTD
At 5 STAR CLINIC LTD we offer specialist shoulder sprain treatment in Preston, Lancashire. We offer physiotherapy sessions, acupuncture treatment, massage therapy, Electrotherapy, hypnotherapy and much more.
Continue reading on how we can help you….
At 5 STAR CLINIC LTD, we provide an in-depth assessment to understand what is really causing your pain, we not only assess your shoulder but all the nearby joints, your posture, your muscle, nerves, your sleep, lifestyle, your level of stress, and everything else that could have an impact on your pain.
This will allow us to draw up a tailored knee pain relief for you.
This is the first time that you suffer with a shoulder injury
As every time something new is in front of you, you feel a bit lost, and it’s normal because you don’t know what to do, how long is going to last, what is the best solution, and what should you look for. You might have talked with the Doctor and tried some medications already but not with great help.
You have been suffering from shoulder pain Chronically or on and off for a while
You have been trying:
- to find a pain management solution for a while,
- self-help strategies,
- the Doctor,
- scans, blood tests, medications, supplements
- different professionals such as Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, Osteopath, Chinese Acupuncture and maybe alternative methods..
but without a real answer to your problem.